Too Many To Count – A Shelter Volunteer Loves ALL Her Dogs

Comments

1. Thank you for the opportunity to be included on this project! Though I have never owned a dog, I know that one day I will be a forever home for a few shelter dogs. And for all of the other homeless pets, I will still be there, every day… today as an animal shelter volunteer, tomorrow as an animal shelter veterinarian.
    -Sharon Ostermann

2. Lori says:

What a beautifully written letter that is both heartbreaking and heartwarming. Much love to all the shelter animals, who have endured so much, all in the pursuit of a human to love them.

3. Charlene says:

I’m sure they were grateful to have had someone who cared about them when no one else did. What a nice letter!

4. Josephine Noah says:

Very sweet!

5. deb says:

These dogs are amazing. I’m always astounded at the number of loveable and loyal dogs are dropped off at shelters. I hope each and every one of these beautiful babies find a forever home.

6. Laura says:

Have very lucky they are to have had you to love them. Thank you for sharing!

7. Nat says:

Very nice. I :) all my shelter dogs too!

8. John Datri says:

Wow. Oh wow. So beautifully written, so moving. I wish mightily for a gazillion “yous” all around the world to be alongside every animal on earth.

9. Kim says:

Just had to take a couple of deep breaths to keep back tears. (awkward at work.) What a beautiful letter. Thank you for all that you do for each and everyone of them.
    “If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers.

10. Allison M.J. Brooks says:

Sharon – I Don’t Know What Your Religious Beliefs Are, But you Have Clearly Earned Your “Ticket” To Heaven !!
    A Kinder, More Wonderful and Beautiful Heart Will Not Be Found ANYWHERE – Yours is That Heart Sharon :)
    Surely These Animals Are Blessed To Cross Your Path, If Even For A Moment … As You Are To Cross Theirs. Thank You For Posting & Sharing A Part of You In Your Letter – A Very Beautiful Piece Of “Who” You Are.
    This World is Definitely A Better a Place Because of You – I’m So Very Glad You Chose Animals To Work With In Your Future As Well As Your Present.
    May God Bless You And Every Animal That You Should Ever Come Upon ~

Thank You For ALL You Do And Best To You in Your Endeavors in Vet School !!

11. Diana says:

This letter brought tears to my eyes thinking of all those poor shelter dogs! Good luck Sharon in your career as a vet! I think your letter should win! :)

12. judy gentile says:

I know the animals in your future are so thrilled you decided to become a Vet and they will be lining up for you to care for them knowing you love them unconditionally – as you so eloquently stated. For those animals in your past, they were hoping your career choice would include them and are glad they had some part in helping you come to that decision. May every animal in your future find a forever home!

13. Spot on with this write-up, I truly think this website needs much more consideration. I’ll probably be again to read much more, thanks for that info.